Why you need to log your service hours
Each year the Maroon Volunteer Center hosts the Volunteer Awards Banquet during National Volunteer Week in April. Individual volunteers and campus groups are recognized for their volunteer efforts. Several awards are given during the banquet for service completed within the last year (April to April) including:
Individual Excellence in Community Service Awards
· Gold Level—500 hours
· Silver Level—250 hours
· Bronze Level—100 hours
· Individual—50 hours
· Groups—200 hours (average of 25 hours per member)
Distinguished Annual Awards
· Student Volunteer of the Year
· Student Group Effort of the Year
· Student Organization of the Year
· Faculty Volunteer of the Year
· Staff Volunteer of the Year
· Community Partner of the Year
President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA)
· Different Levels at least 100 hours
Semester of Service Challenge
· This award encourages student organizations at Mississippi State to design and coordinate a community service project within the local community during the spring semester. These projects will be evaluated based on creativity, organization and management, and overall contributions to the community (volunteers recruited, service hours completed, funds raised, cans collected, etc.) Deadline to submit a project report is April 7th at 11:59pm. To complete an application, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/servicechallenge
Check out this past year’s winners on our Facebook page here.
The 2014 Volunteer Awards Banquet is scheduled for April 28, 2014. All volunteer and group records must be submitted and verified by April 7th at 11:59pm online using OrgSync or using the paper forms provided below. To nominate an individual or group for one of the “Distinguished Annual Awards” please fill out this form here. Nominations deadline is April 7, 2014.
HOW TO LOG YOUR SERVICE HOURS
The easiest and most reliable way to keep up with your service hours is to log them on OrgSync.
- Log into OrgSync using your Net ID and password
- Under My Tools click Involvement
- Then click Add Involvement Entry
If you feel like you or your organization needs to keep a paper or electronic record of service hours you can use our easily downloadable PDF and Excel service records.