Why you need to complete a service record
The Maroon Volunteer Center is participating in the PRESIDENT'S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD program as a Certifying Organization.
This AWARD is a Presidential honor that recognizes the valuable contributions of volunteers nationwide who are answering the President's call to serve others through their current volunteer activities or lifetime service. As a Certifying Organization, we will identify eligible recipients, verify their service hours, and distribute the AWARD to outstanding volunteers.
To be eligible for the award you will need to complete a service record.
- Download an individual service record (PDF)
- Download an individual service record (Excel)
- Download a service record for your group/organization (PDF)
- Download a service record for your group/organization (Excel)
Additionally, eligible volunteer service hours are not limited to those performed on behalf of the MVC. In fact, service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects throughout the year. The only requirement is that the hours be completed this school year.
PRESIDENT'S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD
There are three levels of the AWARD varying by hours of service completed within a school year.
Young Adults - Ages 15 - 25
- Bronze Award 100- 174 hours
- Silver Award 175 - 249 hours
- Gold Award 250 or more hours
Adults - Ages 26 and up
- Bronze Award 100 - 249 hours
- Silver Award 250 - 499 hours
- Gold Award 500 or more hours
Groups and Organizations (two or more people with each member contributing at least 25 hours)
- Bronze Award 200 - 499 hours
- Silver Award 500 - 999 hours
- Gold Award 1,000 or more hours
PRESIDENT'S CALL TO SERVICE AWARD
Individuals who have completed 4,000 or more volunteer service hours over the course of their lifetime.
For more information about the PVSA or questions about your service record, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.